Definitions and interpretation
Data - collectively all information that you submit to Cornwall Tutors via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;The owners of Cornwall Tutors, or us - Roger Wyatt, Mandy Wyatt of 1 Foxes Row, Carharrack, Cornwall, TR16 5RY;User - or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Cornwall Tutors and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Cornwall Tutors and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; andWebsite - the website that you are currently using, https://cornwalltutors.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- i. Name
- ii. Date of Birth
- iii. Gender
- iv. Job Title
- v. Profession
- vi. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- vii. Career History, Subject Specialisms, Qualifications
- i. Name
- ii. Phone Number
- iii. Email Address
- iv. Post Code
- iv. School attended by student
- v. Subject Required
Our use of Data
- 5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Cornwall Tutors is the "data controller".
- 6a. We will retain any Data you submit for the duration of your time as a registered tutor. Your Data will be removed within 1 month of your account being closed. If a registration is only partially completed, it will removed after 14 days and not submitted for consideration. All personal Data will be deleted in both instances.
- 6b. Any Data submitted in the process of requesting a tutor, will be retained for the duration of the tuition period. Your Data will be removed within 1 month of being informed that tuition has ceased. Or immediately on request.
- 7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- 8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. To set up tuition;
Third party websites and services
- 10. Cornwall Tutors may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Changes of business ownership and control
- 13. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
14. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- 15. Any data you submit as part of registering as a tutor is only for the use of Cornwall Tutors in the purpose of finding and allocating students. It is NOT shared with any third parties or used for marketing purposes.
- 16. Any data you submit as part of requesting a tutor, will only be used by Cornwall Tutors in the purpose of finding and allocating a tutor. Relevant Data will be passed on to the prospective tutor who will be asked to contact you. Your data is not shared with any other third parties or used for marketing purposes.
Functionality of the Website
17. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
18. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Cornwall Tutors (where such Data is held).
- 19. Data security is of great importance to Cornwall Tutors and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- 20. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
21. Cornwall Tutors endeavours to do our best to protect your personal Data, using a certified SSL certicate to ensure that information submitted via our website is encrypted. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- 24. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.